Saturday, July 18, 2009

Palm Pre blocked on iTunes

The Palm Pre had enabled itself to be recognised by iTunes, such that when you plugged it into your computer, iTunes thought the Pre was an iPod and proceeded to download music, video and picture files onto it. However, when iTunes 8.2.1 stops that and in Apple’s own words, “addresses an issue with verification of Apple devices.”

Apple may have blocked the access, but in doing so, they merely send the Palm Pre users elsewhere to use other sites. The world of 'exclusive' is not where we should be going in the digital market and this is yet another instance of xenophobia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. The Amazon Kindle is an example of exclusivity that needs to be addressed.
Back to subject in hand...I have an Apple Nano and a Shuffle and therefore, use iTunes almost exclusively for my music files. Now, I will just drag and drop onto my new Palm Pre from iTunes rather than any syncing, or use another application. Certainly this doesn't cause me to switch over to the iPhone and AT&T. I'm settling in with the Palm Pre, even being a first gen. and needing many improvements.